FaZe Clan Reveals The High-Powered Celebrities Who Stepped Up to the $40 Million Investment Plate With Jimmy Iovine
Last week, FaZe Clan made some big waves in the eSports industry by revealing that it had teamed up with iconic American innovator Jimmy Iovine and the forward-thinking e-commerce platform, NTWRK.
Still, details weren’t revealed about how much cash was injected into the Los Angeles–based lifestyle and gaming conglomerate.
Today we know.
In a news release, Faze Clan revealed that its recent Series A round of fundraising raised US$40 million, with the money earmarked for brand expansion, player acquisitions, and day-to-day operations. Founded in 2010, FaZe Clan has grown into one of the world’s biggest and most successful gaming organizations, with its reach expanding into clothing and lifestyle markets.
What’s interesting is who—no doubt, attracted by Iovine’s sparkling track record—signed on as investors. The list includes rappers Pitbull and Yo Gotti, NBA stars Meyers Leonard and Gregory Van Der Wiel, and actor Chris O’Donnell.
“These influential investors recognize the cultural significance of FaZe Clan as well as the enormous business opportunities around our content, esports teams and apparel,” FaZe Clan CEO Lee Trink said in the release. “We have a hyper-engaged global audience and FaZe Clan is the most powerful lifestyle brand in all of gaming. This round of funding provides the capital to continue to reshape the future of sports and entertainment.”
Here’s the full list of investors from the release:
- Pitbull: Award-winning rapper, entrepreneur, actor, and philanthropist
- Nyjah Huston: Professional skateboarder, 12-time X-Games gold medalist, and reigning world champion
- Swae Lee: Grammy-nominated rapper, composer and member of Rae Sremmurd
- Yo Gotti: Rapper and songwriter
- Sylvia Rhone: Chair and CEO of Epic Records
- Troy Carter: Music industry veteran and entrepreneur
- DJ Paul: Rapper, producer, songwriter, and founding member of Three 6 Mafia
- Ray J: Singer: songwriter, and TV personality
- Chris O’Donnell: Actor
- Big Boy: Nationally syndicated radio host
- Meyers Leonard: NBA superstar and Miami Heat player
- Gregory Van Der Wiel: Dutch soccer player
- Josh Hart: New Orleans Pelicans forward/shooting guard
- Guy Oseary: Talent manager and Maverick Records founder
- Disco Fries: American production duo known for EDM
- Jamal Murray: Denver Nuggets point guard/shooting guard
- Offset: Global superstar rapper, previously announced investor