IJESPORTS essay contest offers students opportunity to get published—and win prizes
Last week we told you about the launch of IJESPORTS—a new academic journal taking a serious look at the world of esports. The journal’s Chief Editor, Aaron Koshy, told us that the publication intends to reach out to the next generation of esports researchers.
“We are going to be offering more opportunities to students as well. There are a lot of students who are interested in esports, and they’re struggling to find opportunities to stand out,” Koshy said. “And we think academia is one that isn’t talked about enough. So we’re in the process of organizing essay competitions and project awards with our industry partners so that we can really offer more opportunities to students across the world.”
Now, IJESPORTS has announced the details of its first essay contest. The journal has invited high-school and undergraduate students around the globe to submit a 1,500-word essay in response to one of the two following questions:
- What are the health challenges an esport player faces and how can they be addressed by stakeholders?
- How do we promote passion for esports while standing against toxic behaviour within esports communities?
Dell Technologies is sponsoring the prizes for the IJESPORTS Essay Competition 2020. They include the following:
- First prize: US$500 gift voucher and Alienware headset, mouse, and keyboard; and a full publication of the article in a special issue of IJESPORTS
- Second prize: US$100 gift voucher and Alienware headset, mouse, and keyboard; and a full publication of the article in a special issue of IJESPORTS
- Third, fourth and fifth prize: Certificate of achievement
The submission portal officially opens on October 31. The deadline for submissions is December 15. You’ll find the full details on the IJESPORTS website.